Be sure to also visit our reference section for information
on bee stings.
gentleman was stung by a Yellow Jacket on the top of his left
foot, near his ankle. The actual site of the sting is the
dark red area near his ankle. The redness and swelling seen
in this photograph is an acute allergic reaction to the sting.
This is not uncommon and in the outdoors can be treated effectively.
Local symptoms will be pain, burning, and itching. A severe
allergic reaction to bee and wasp stings can occur at any
time in one's life. An epi-pen (an injectable with low dose
epinephrine used to prevent severe allergic reactions) is
strongly recommended to carry when taking long trips into
the outdoors. Check with your healthcare provider for a prescription.